> ADA and Accessibility
ADA and Accessibility
The Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority provides accessible transportation to persons with disabilities and does not discriminate on the basis of disability as it relates to the provision of public transportation services provided by the Authority.
Any person who wants more information on MVRTA's nondiscrimination policy or believes that he or she individually or as a member of any specific class of persons, has been subjected to discrimination on the basis of disability may file a written complaint with the Authority within 180 days after the date of the alleged discrimination.
To file a complaint contact MVRTA at (978)469-6878, firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to 85 Railroad Ave., Haverhill, MA 01835.
All buses have:
- The capability to kneel or lower for customer convenience.
- Wheelchair Lifts (on high-floor buses) or ramps (on low-floor buses).
- Two securement areas for wheeled mobility devices.
- Automated and driver stop announcements at all major stops.
- Destination signs that are bright and easy to read.
- Priority seating areas (normally found near the front of the bus).
MVRTA's ADA Paratransit Services are for disabled individuals who are available within a 3/4 mile of our fixed route corridor and cannot navigate or access our fixed route service due to their disability. Transportation is provided from your point of origin to your destination and is available only when our regular fixed route buses operate.
- All vans are fully accessible and have a wheelchair lift.
Click here to learn more about our paratransit service.
Schedules can be requested in accessible formats by calling or emailing MVRTA at (978)469-6878, email@example.com.