We are operating on a regular weekday schedule during the storm, routes will be on snow detour, expect delays.
The snow detours are as follow:
- Route 15 Outbound/Inbound: Bypass Locust/Winter/High/Grove/Broadway. Proceed from Essex St. through Lafayette Square to Hilldale Ave.
- Route 16 Outbound weekends: River St, R-Lowell Ave, L) Rockland St. L) Broadway L) Carlton R) Lowell Ave to West Gate Plaza. Inbound weekends: From West Gate Plaza, L-Lowell Ave, L-River St to HTS. WEEKDAYS: River St to Lowell Ave. Service Westgate Plaza first; R-Lowell Ave, L) Rockland L) Broadway R) Computer Dr. to Target L) Broadway R) Carlton R) Lowell Ave L) River St. back to HTS.
- Route 18 Outbound/Inbound: Bypass Mill/Boardman/Buttonwood. Utilize Water St. to next traffic light L) on Groveland St. R) on Keeley St. L) on Brown St. to Kennedy Circle.
- Route 21 Outbound/ Inbound: Bypass Ballard Vale Senior Center, Frye Circle and Doctor’s Park. Bypass Railroad/Central and School St.; stay on Route 28 straight over the bridge.
- Route 32 Inbound: Stay straight on Route 28 bypassing Central and Railroad St.
- Route 34 Outbound: From MVRTA parking lot L) Canal St to Marston St L) on Ferry St. L) on Prospect St. then resume regular routing.
- Route 35: At Dana Farber Cancer Center turn around in Cul de sac; do not go up the hill.
- Route 36: Bypass Berkeley and Swan St; go directly to Holy Family Hospital, upon entering the driveway stay to the left and service the rear parking lot where there is a turnaround point. (Hospital is notified to send passengers to the rear lot).
- Route 37: Outbound: L-Beacon St. R) Glenn St. L) Andover St.. Inbound: (After servicing the Marriott Springhill); R-North Street, L-Mt Vernon, L-Jefferson then resume regular routing.
- Route 39A Outbound/Inbound: Bypass Doctor’s Park and Woodridge Housing (Stand by @ NA Mall until Inbound departure time)
- Route 39B Outbound: Phillips St. R) on Exeter St. L) on Winthrop Ave. Reverse on Inbound.
- Route 40 Outbound/ Inbound: Bypass Union/Railroad/Oakland St.
- Route 51: Emerson/White St, Bypass Welcome St. Utilize Elliott St. to NECC if it is open, after Merri-Village take left on School St., left on Green St., right on Locust St. back to Rte. 110)
- Route 54: Bypass Anna Jaques Hospital. Utilize Johnson St. from High St. to Low St. and vice versa
- Route 57: Bypass James Steam Mill; Bypass Anna Jaques Hospital.
Check our Facebook and Twitter or call 978-469-6878 for related service updates and changes.
Will no service the Haverhill Medical Center (Primrose St.). The routing will be as follows:
- OB: From Main St. – Right onto Marsh Ave. straight onto North Ave. to current regular routing
- IB: Stay on Main St. to current regular routing.
The following time points will be different:
- OB: North gas Co. Rd. & Walmart.
- IB: Market Basket, Stateline Plaza, Monument Sq. & Washington Square Transit Station.
Will no longer utilize Essex St./Locust St. The routing will be as follows:
- OB: From Washington Square Transit Station – Right onto Washington St., left onto Emerson St., left on Winter St. to current regular routing.
- IB: From Winter St. – Right onto Emerson St., right onto Washington St. to Washington Square Transit Station.
Will no longer service Andover Commons or the MBTA Station. The routing will be as follows:
- OB: Stay on N. Main St, right onto Central St., left onto School St. to current regular routing.
- IB: same as current routing.
The routing will be as follows:
- OB: same as current routing.
- IB: From E. Haverhill St., right onto Ferry St. to current regular routing.
Will no longer enter Plaza 114, it will be service it from S. Union St. The routing will be as follows:
- OB: Stay on S. Union St. to current regular routing.
- IB: Stay S. Union St. to current regular routing.
Will service Plaza 114 in every trip.
Will no longer service James Steam Mill. The routing will be as follows:
- OB & IB: same as current routing as when James Steam Mill is not serviced.
Will utilize the shoulder lane from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. on I-93 southbound and 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. on I-93 northbound when motor vehicle travel in lanes is below 35 m.p.h.
Our Boston Commuter buses will be using the shoulder lane, starting January 3, from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. on I-93 southbound and 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. on I-93 northbound when motor vehicle travel in lanes is below 35 m.p.h., as part of a two-year Bus-on-Shoulder service pilot.
There will be no Boston Commuter service on Friday, December 24, 2021.
The following trips have been canceled for Friday, January 07, 2022 in the afternoon:
- Route 37: 2:30 PM, 3:30 PM, 4:30 PM & 5:30 PM
- Route 85: 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
The Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority (MVRTA) board voted unanimously to go fare-free for all local fixed routes and EZ Trans paratransit services starting March 1, 2022 for at least 2 years. Fares will still be collected on the Boston Commuter bus.
The route 37 will not run at 4:30PM and 5:30PM on Monday, December 6, 2021. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
We will be closed Thursday November 25, 2021 in observance of Thanksgiving Day. There will be no bus, Boston Commuter bus or van service on this day. We will be running a normal schedule on Wednesday November 24 and Friday November 26, 2021.
The main office will be closed on November 25, 2021 in observance of Thanksgiving Day.
We will be closed Monday October 11, 2021 in observance of Columbus Day. There will be no bus, Boston Commuter bus or van service on this day. We will be running a Saturday schedule on Saturday October 9 and a normal schedule on Tuesday October 12, 2021. Sunday service remains temporarily suspended.
The main office will be closed on October 11, 2021 in observance of Columbus Day.
The following trip has been canceled for Thursday, September 16, 2021 in the afternoon:
- Route 57: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.