MVRTA Takes Recommended Precautions against the spread of Corona Virus:
We are following the procedures and guidelines recommended to all agencies from the US DOT and the CDC
- The MVRTA Maintenance Team is sanitizing all vehicles each night.
- Operators and supervisors have all been provided training on how to protect themselves from the virus in the last two weeks. The training was mandatory.
- New and updated memos from the CDC continue to be posted on how everyone can protect themselves. These memos and updates will be posted at MVRTA transit centers, Buckley, McGovern, Washington Sq. Haverhill and Amesbury.
- MVRTA’s Operations team has developed procedures should staff become infected; how to protect themselves and others from spreading infection.
- All bus and van drivers carry pocket size hand sanitizer since soap and water is not available on the road. Sanitizer products are available to all staff.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located in the MVRTA administration office lobby and transit centers. These are available to the public.
- Finally use common sense, wash your hands frequently, stay home if you are sick, seek medical attention if your symptoms become severe.