On Thursday August 11, 2022 the Cruising the 50’s car show will be held in Newburyport. Due to this, starting at 12:00 pm, the Routes 54 and 57 will not be able to service the Downtown area (including State Street). You will be able to get the bus on Pond Street in front of the CVS Pharmacy at the same time you would get it on State Street.
The following trips have been cancelled for Saturday, August 6, 2022 in the afternoon.
Route 15: At 2:00PM, 4:00PM & 6:00PM
Route 16: At 1:00PM, 3:00PM & 5:00PM
Route 40: At 2:00PM, 4:00PM & 6:00PM
Route 39B: At 1:00PM, 3:00PM & 5:00PM
Due to changing commuting demand and unsustainable cost increases, MVRTA is permanently cancelling the Boston Commuter bus from Methuen, Lawrence and Andover effective Tuesday, September 6, 2022.
In appreciation of our loyal riders, we will be offering FARE-FREE service on the route starting August 15, 2022 until the last day of service.
Alternative communizing options include:
- Commuter Rail: MBTA Haverhill Line Commuter Rail, which runs 13 daily round trips between Lawrence, Andover and Boston. See https://www.mbta.com/schedules/CR-Haverhill/timetable or call 617-222-3200 for schedule and fare information.
- Van Pool: MVRTA is working with current Boston Commuter riders, with support from the Van Pool program at MassDOT, seeking to establish a Van Pool with a donated MVRTA van. See Please contact us at 978-469-6878 if you would like to take part in this van pool program.
The Yankee Homecoming Road Race will take place on Tuesday, August 2, 2022 from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM. The routes 54 (Amesbury-Newburyport-Salisbury) & 57 (Newburyport Shuttle) will be on detour during the event and on Saturday, August 6 starting at 9:00 AM. Detours may change depending on traffic and road closures.
We will be closed on Monday, July 4, 2022 in observance of Independence Day. There will be no bus, Boston Commuter bus or van service on this day. We will be running a 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM schedule on Saturday, July 2 and a normal schedule on Tuesday, July 5, 2022. The transit centers will operate from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM on July 2.
The main office will be closed on Monday, July 4, 2022 in observance of Independence Day.
The following changes will be implemented on July, 2022.
- As of July 5th, all of the Haverhill based routes will run every hour, on the hour on Saturday except for route 51, which will continue to run every hour and 10 minutes.
- As of July 5th, all of the Lawrence based routes will run every hour, on the hour, Monday – Friday, except for routes 01, 41 & 85 which will continue to run every 30 minutes.
Route 13: This bus will no longer utilize Main St. from Cushing Ave. to North Ave. on the Inbound but will serve Walmart and Market Basket on Saturday as well.
Route 18: This bus will no longer utilize Mill St. to Boardman St. or Lincoln Ave. from Keeley St. to Brown St., but will serve Groveland Housing.
Route 51: This bus will no longer utilize Welcome St. or Winter St.
Route 15: This bus will no longer utilize Essex St. or Locust St., it will serve Welcome St. and Winter St., will go directly from Lafayette Square to Hilldale Ave. (See route 16 for High St. service)
Route 16: This bus will no longer utilize Washington St. from Washington Ave. to High St., it will serve Essex St. and High St.
Route 83 (Beach bus): This will be an express run from Lawrence to Salisbury Beach/Hampton Beach and will only run on Saturday from July 9th – September 3rd.
Route 75 (IRS & Raytheon): For this run we will be utilizing a van. There are no changes to routing, pick up/drop off times or locations.
Starting on July 9 through September 3, the MVRTA Route 83 Beach Bus (Salisbury & Hampton Beach) will be traveling, once again, go express from Lawrence to Salisbury Beach. You can take our Route 51 and Route 54 to get to Salisbury Beach and from there take our Rte. 83 to get to Hampton Beach. Click here for schedule.
We will be providing regular service on Juneteenth Day, Monday, June 20, 2022. There will be bus, Boston Commuter bus and EZ Trans ADA service on this day. We will be running a Saturday schedule on Saturday, June 18 and a normal schedule on Tuesday June 21.
The main office will be closed on Monday, June 20, 2022 in observance of Juneteenth Day.
The following trips have been cancelled for Friday, May 27, 2022 in the afternoon:
- Route 40: 2:30 pm & 4:30 pm.
- Route 39B: 3:30 pm & 5:30 pm.
The following trips have been cancelled for Friday, May 20, 2022 in the afternoon:
- Rte. 39B: At 2:30 pm & 6:50pm
- Rte. 40: At 3:30 pm & 5:30 pm