Plan Your Trip
On Sunday August 5, 2018 and Sunday September 9, 2018 the city of Lawrence will be having their annual Ciclovía, or Open Streets, celebrations in the Downtown area. Due to this, some of our routes will be affected from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm:
The detours will be as follows:
- Route 01 OB (Lawrence): From Amesbury St, right on Essex St, right on Hampshire St, right on Haverhill St, left on Jackson St to regular routing.
- Route 01 IB (Lawrence): From Jackson St, right on Haverhill St, left on Amesbury St to Buckley.
- Route 33 OB: From Buckley to Amesbury St to Casey Bridge, left on Merrimack St to regular routing.
- Route 33 IB: From Merrimack St, right on Parker St (over Casey Bridge), left on Canal St, right on Hampshire St, right on Common St to Buckley.
- Route 34 OB: From Amesbury St, right on Essex St, right on Hampshire St, right on Haverhill St, right on Union St, left on General St to regular routing.
- Route 34 IB: From Lawrence General, right on General St, right on Allen St, straight to Summer St, right on Newbury St, left on Haverhill St **** IF WE CAN USE UNION ST- REG ROUTING FROM Lawrence General*******
- Route 36 OB: from Buckley to Amesbury St, right on Essex St, right on Hampshire St, right on Lebanon St, left on White St, left on Elm St, to regular routing.
- Route 39 OB: Amesbury St over Casey Bridge, left on Merrimack St, right on Union St to regular routing.
- Route 39B IB: Left on Merrimack St, right on Parker St over Casey Bridge, left on Canal St, right on Hampshire St, right on Common Stto Buckley.
Routes 32, 35, 36 IB, 37, 39A, 40 and 41 should all be regular routing.
ROUTING MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON TRAFFIC AND PEDESTRIANS OR DUE TO UNFORESEEN ROAD CLOSURES.
For more information contact us at 978-469-6878, or visit our website at www.mvrta.com
Every three years the MVRTA is required to set goals for the participation of certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprises for procurements that involve funds from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). The methodology that was developed and submitted to the FTA is attached. Comments on this goal setting methodology can be submitted within 30 days via Email to [email protected] or via mail to the following address:
Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority
85 Railroad Avenue
Haverhill, MA 01835-7265
Should the proposed goal change following a review by the FTA, the revised goal submittal / methodology will be posted on this website. Should the numerical goal not change but the contents change so as to provide the necessary detail supporting the methodology, the new submittal will be posted on this website.
There are Schedule CHANGES and SERVICE REMOVALS for the following routes
Effective July 2nd, 2018
Route 73 (IRS/Raytheon – Haverhill):
- This route will be REMOVED FROM SERVICE
Route 15 (Hilldale Ave.) inbounds leaving from:
- Haverhill Commons (Target) @ 5:25am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
- Hilldale & Monument @ 5:31am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
- Grove & High @ 5:38am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
- Locust & Winter @ 5:41am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
Route 16 (Washington St.) inbounds leaving from:
- Westgate (Market Basket) @ 5:40am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
- Hadley West Apts. @ 5:42am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
- Currier Square @ 5:47am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
Route 18 (Riverside) inbounds leaving from:
- Rivers Edge Plaza (Bldg. 19) @ 5:25am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
- Merrimack Valley Hospital @ 5:29am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
- Kennedy Circle @ 5:31am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
- AHEPA Apts. @ 5:36am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
- Mill & Water @ 5:39am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
Route 41 (Lowell-Lawrence) inbounds leaving from:
- Merrimack Plaza @ 4:45am REMOVED FROM SERVICE
Take the MVRTA Route 83 to Salisbury or Hampton Beach starting July 1st through September 1st! Monday through Sunday! OR Route 51 and transfer to the Route 54 to visti Salisbury Beac every 70 minutes (year round)!