Plan Your Trip
On Sunday August 25, 2019 the city of Lawrence will be having their annual Ciclovía, or Open Streets, celebrations in the Downtown area. Due to this, some of our routes will be affected from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm:
The detours will be as follows:
- Route 01 OB (Lawrence): From Amesbury St, right on Essex St, right on Hampshire St, right on Haverhill St, left on Jackson St to regular routing.
- Route 01 IB (Lawrence): From Jackson St, right on Haverhill St, left on Amesbury St to Buckley.
- Route 33 OB: From Buckley to Amesbury St to Casey Bridge, left on Merrimack St to regular routing.
- Route 33 IB: From Merrimack St, right on Parker St (over Casey Bridge), left on Canal St, right on Hampshire St, right on Common St to Buckley.
- Route 34 OB: From Amesbury St, right on Essex St, right on Hampshire St, right on Haverhill St, right on Union St, left on General St to regular routing.
- Route 34 IB: From Lawrence General, right on General St, right on Allen St, straight to Summer St, right on Newbury St, left on Haverhill St **** IF WE CAN USE UNION ST- REG ROUTING FROM Lawrence General*******
- Route 36 OB: from Buckley to Amesbury St, right on Essex St, right on Hampshire St, right on Lebanon St, left on White St, left on Elm St, to regular routing.
- Route 39B OB: Amesbury St over Casey Bridge, left on Merrimack St, right on Union St to regular routing.
- Route 39B IB: Left on Merrimack St, right on Parker St over Casey Bridge, left on Canal St, right on Hampshire St, right on Common St to Buckley.
Routes 32, 35, 36 IB, 37, 39A, 40 and 41 should all be regular routing.
Routing may change depending on traffic and pedestrians or due to unforeseen Road closures.
We will be closed Monday September 2, 2019 in observance of Labor Day. There will be no bus, Boston Commuter bus or van service on this day. We will be running a Sunday schedule on Sunday September 1 and a normal schedule on Tuesday September 3, 2019.
The main office will be closed on September 2, 2019 in observance of Labor Day.
As a reminder Sunday September 1, 2019 will be the last day for the Route 83 beach bus to Salisbury/Hampton.
Starting Monday July 1, 2019, there are changes on the following time points for the Route 36: 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 (OUTBOUND) and 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 (INBOUND).
Starting Monday July 1, 2019, there are changes on the following time points, on WEEKDAYS ONLY, for the Route 15: 3, 4 & 5 for the Outbound and 5, 7, 8, 9, & 10 for the Inbound (Highlighted).
Effective Monday July 1, 2019, all of the outbound time points, Monday through Saturday, will change.
To all Route 41 riders, effective June 16, 2019 the Lowell Regional Transit Authority (LRTA) will start Sunday service. Visit their website for additional information.
There is new routing for the Route 54 starting Monday August 19, 2019 for the Outbound and Inbound, as we will service the MVRTA Parking Garage located at Merrimack and Titcomb streets. James Steam Mill will not be serviced as of August 19, 2019.
OUTBOUND, from Pond Street:
- Left onto Eppa Way
- Left onto High St (NO STOP ZONE)
- Right onto Market St.
- Right onto Merrimac St. to MVRTA Parking Garage (ONLY STOP on Merrimac St.)
- Right onto State St. and resume regular routing
INBOUND, from Route 1:
- Left onto Merrimac St. to garage (ONLY STOP on Merrimac St.)
- Right State St. and resume regular routing
*** SERIVICE TO FARRWOOD DRIVE HAS BEEN DELAYED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ***
There is new routing for the Route 14 (Osgood Landing) starting Monday November 19, 2018 for the Inbound ONLY. We will start servicing Farrwood Drive, as we have done it in the past.
- After departing from Osgood Landing it will turn right onto Farrwood Drive.
- After departing Farrwood Drive it will continue on regular routing.
The routing for the Outbound will remain the same.
Bus Operator Job Fair: The Merrimack Valley Area Transportation Company is looking for full-time Class A or Class B drivers with their Passenger and Air Brake endorsements and DPU certification. Applicants who do not currently have their endorsements or certification are still encouraged to apply.
Please join us for a job fair on Thursday, August 29th from 10 am – 2 pm at our main office located at 85 Railroad Avenue, Haverhill, MA. Fill out an application and you will have an interview before you leave.
Candidates must have a clean driving record, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. The Merrimack Valley Area Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer. Drug and alcohol testing is a condition of employment.
The Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority serves the Northeast corridor of Massachusetts with over 1 million miles of city, suburban, interurban, and rural scheduled bus routes. MVRTA’s goal is to provide our passengers with affordable, safe, reliable and convenient transportation services by having well-trained, qualified, and professional staff.
The Merrimack Valley Area Transportation Company (MVATC) and Special Transportation Services, Inc. (STS) are under contract to providepublic transportation services for MVRTA, and both welcome a diverse, talented work force of dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
All interested individuals can complete a job application on the premises of our administration building located at:
MVRTA – 85 Railroad Avenue
Haverhill, Massachusetts, 01835
Applications can be obtained Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, excluding holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity
STATEMENT OF POLICY
As the operating company for the Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority (MVRTA) and as subsidiaries of First Transit Inc., Merrimack Valley Area Transportation Co. (MVATC) and Special Transportation Services, Inc. (STS) are committed to the goals of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employment practices, including recruitment, selection, promotions, terminations, transfers, layoffs, compensation, training, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment. These practices will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment on the grounds of age, sex, creed, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, and any other characteristic protected under State or Federal law.
All employees and all applicants for employment have the right to file complaints alleging discrimination with MVATC/STS’s EEO Director. EEO complaints are tracked by the EEO Director, and include the date it was filed, the person(s) who filed the complaint, complaint summary, response/how it was corrected, and the date of the response. The Special Projects Manager, Monica Anderson is the EEO Director responsible for ensuring compliance and implementation of MVATC/STS’s EEO program. The EEO Director can be contacted at 978-469-6878, ext. 134 or [email protected].
Every three years the MVRTA is required to set goals for the participation of certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprises for procurements that involve funds from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). The methodology that was developed and submitted to the FTA is attached. Comments on this goal setting methodology can be submitted within 30 days via Email to [email protected] or via mail to the following address:
Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority
85 Railroad Avenue
Haverhill, MA 01835-7265
Should the proposed goal change following a review by the FTA, the revised goal submittal / methodology will be posted on this website. Should the numerical goal not change but the contents change so as to provide the necessary detail supporting the methodology, the new submittal will be posted on this website.