Our VA Bedford mediMeVa is a curb-to-curb transportation service for Veterans and their families who reside in Amesbury, Andover, Boxford, Georgetown, Groveland, Haverhill, Lawrence, Merrimac, Methuen, Newbury/Byfield, Newburyport, North Andover, North Reading, Rowley, Salisbury, and West Newbury. This service allows riders to access the VA Bedford Health Care System, located in Bedford, MA.
Service is provided with MeVa lift-equipped vehicles and on occasion is supplemented with other vehicles that may be vans or sedans. This service is intended to safely and efficiently accommodate as many customers per trip as possible.
You can sign up by simply calling our miniMeVa office at (978) 469-6878 (option 3).
This customer manual will detail policies that will help you and the other VA Bedford mediMeVa customers receive the best possible service. Please follow these policies to avoid any service disruptions to you and other VA Bedford mediMeVa customers.
How to schedule a trip:
* You can call the miniMeVa Office to sign up for this service and reserve a ride at (978) 469-6878 (option 3) Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
* When calling to schedule your trip, be prepared to provide the date of travel, pick-up location and time of appointment.
* Trips can be reserved at least one week -7 days – in advance, but no later than 14 days in advance.
* When reserving your trip please specify from which entrance of the building you want to be picked up and dropped off.
* Please be ready to board the vehicle when it arrives. The driver will wait no longer than 5 minutes.
* Trip cancellations must be made at least 1 hour prior to the start of your pick-up window.
* No trip reservations or trip reservation changes can be made on the day of the trip.
Rides to the Bedford VA will be available on Wednesdays and Fridays. We will have one trip to Bedford in the morning and one return in the afternoon. Hours are flexible and will vary depending on appointment times and demand.
SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS
- New Year’s Day
- Easter Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE ON A SATURDAY SCHEDULE ON THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Patriots’ Day
- Juneteenth Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day.
* All passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
* All passengers are to be properly secured at all times. Passengers that are not properly secured will not be transported.
* The type of vehicle that you will ride in will depend on availability.
* Individuals who use a three wheeled device (The Amigo Chair) or any other mobility device which cannot be securely fastened are encouraged, but not required, to transfer to a vehicle seat, if they are so able.
* Unsafe behavior or destruction of MeVa property will not be tolerated. If such behavior occurs, the passenger could be required to leave the vehicle immediately.
* Under no circumstances is the driver responsible for any of the actions taken by a customer before, during, or after their trip.
* Customers should not be riding alone in a MeVa vehicle if they cannot be left unattended.
* Eating, drinking, smoking, or playing of loud music on the vehicles is not permitted.
* Tipping is not allowed.
How to Prevent Service Disruptions:
Please be ready to board the vehicle when it arrives. The driver will wait no longer than 5 minutes once they arrive. If you are not ready and the driver leaves, your trip will be recorded as a No-Show. Trip cancellations must be made at least 1 hour prior to the start of your pick-up window. If your trip is cancelled less than an hour prior to the start of your pick-up window, the trip will be marked as a late cancel.
MeVa is dedicated to providing equal access to its services for persons with disabilities as well as any individual who (either on occasion or over an extended period) may require modifications to MeVa’s policies, practices, and procedures. Any individual with a disability requesting reasonable modification accommodations for an extended period of time is required to complete the form listed on the MeVa website or by calling (978) 469-6878 to request a form. A decision will be made within three (3) business days from the date of the request.
* In the event that is not practical to make the request in advance, it can also be made with the reservationist (when reserving your trip) or directly with the driver. The reservationist, driver, and dispatcher will then make a determination of whether the modification can be accommodated.
Comments / Complaints:
Comments or Complaints can be made through a number of methods: through our website, calling MeVa’s main number and speaking with the receptionist, or calling the miniMeVa Office. All complaints are given to the responsible party and the complainant is called within 24 hours of its receipt in order to inform the individual that a complaint has been received and is under review. Once resolved, the complainant will receive a response from the department head within three (3) business days in the form of telephone call, an email, or letter advising them of the outcome.
Contact Information for miniMeVa’s Office
85 Railroad Avenue, Haverhill, MA 01835
Tel. (978) 469-6878 option 3
Fax (978) 521-5956 Email:
Email: [email protected]